If you plan to have an outdoor wedding, the beach is one of the most sought after locations after a garden wedding. It is the perfect wedding destination for couples who consider themselves beach lovers and like to be close with nature. It is also a good opportunity for your guests to have a relaxed vibe at your wedding, which is different from traditional formal wedding celebrations. In particular, if you want to have the perfect backdrop as you exchange vows and celebrate your marital union, you should definitely consider Samui weddings. Thailand offers an endless array of breathtaking tropical locations to celebrate this important occasion in your life.
When planning your Samui weddings, or any type of beach wedding for that matter, you can use these tips from expert wedding planners:
- Skip the ball gown and long train. The idea of having a beach wedding is that you want to tone down the details, which includes your dress. A ball gown belongs in the ballroom. The same applies to the veil and the train for your dress.
- Opt for a wedding dress made with light fabric. But not too light or the wind will blow it away.
- Ditch the heels. It’s a beach wedding after all! The same goes for your guests – they can opt for a more casual footwear option.
- Location, location, location. Choose the best tropical setting for your wedding. It is all about the beauty of the beach that makes decorating a beach wedding reception and ceremony easier.
- Plan ahead. This is a golden rule to follow when wedding planning but more important in a beach wedding. You want to be able to exclusively book a resort so that no strangers will be around during the ceremony and you can have the place to yourself.
- Be flexible. You might have a specific beach or resort in mind but when things do not work out, always have a backup plan.
- Provide a roadmap for your guests. If you choose a secluded location, you need to make it easy for them to find the resort. Also, if you are holding a destination wedding, then you need to cover for your guests’ accommodation and flight costs.
- Use natural enhancements to your wedding reception and ceremony decorations. You want the natural beauty of the beach or tropical resort to be the center of attention. Therefore, keep your embellishments and decorations to a minimum.
- Keep your guests comfortable. This means that you should provide flip flops for those who want to keep their feet comfortable and their shoes free of sand. Also, do not forget to give them insect repellent.
- Work with those who are experienced with beach weddings. Beach weddings might seem straightforward, but there are a lot of challenges involved only experts can anticipate. Therefore, you have to leverage their knowledge to plan your perfect beach wedding.
Set on having Samui weddings but not sure where is the right location for you? Don’t fret as Confetti Weddings and Events in Thailand will handle the rest for you. From top tropical locations to stunning floral arrangements, you can ensure that planning your big day is handled by the right folks!